Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Best of 2007

Hello everyone, and I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to post again. This is the longest I've gone without posting since my blog's inception. It's taken me longer than expected to get back in the swing of things after the holidays (technically, I'm still not completely there), but I want to get back on track.

Perhaps I'm too late to get into the "let's look back at the previous year" routine, as most of you have finished looking back and are moving forward into the new year. But if you would humor me, I'd appreciate it.

I love lists, especially best-of lists, and especially best-of-the-year lists. I'd like to hear yours. Unfortunately, I can't reciprocate, as I usually don't see/listen to/read enough stuff to warrant creating one myself. I think I've seen three movies in 2007: Spider-Man 3 (what a disappointment), I Now Pronouce You Chuck and Larry (it was OK), and License to Wed (don't ask). That's it!

As for music, my only purchase: Paul McCartney's Memory Almost Full, which I enjoyed quite a bit (almost as much as his 2005 release, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard).

And books--what are they?

I hope your exposure to what was new in 2007 was more expansive than mine. Let me know in the comments section. Also, don't limit your mentions to movies/music/books. You can include TV shows, Web sites, blogs (ahem), whatever you'd like. Thanks!

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Well, Brian, as you might remember from my whining earlier, I barely saw 10 films in a theater this year, so my top ten is pretty easy to compile that way. What a crowded, unsatisfying year (personally, that is--most of the ten films were good enough). Best new book this year, that no one else will mention: LEARNING TO DRIVE by Katha Pollitt. Best new TV series, dramatic, 2007: JOURNEYMAN, now cancelled, of course, with BURN NOTICE, CHUCK, WIRED SCIENCE, MAD MEN, LIFE, CALIFONICATION, glum TELL ME YOU LOVE ME and new entry for 2008 BREAKING BAD all worthy of your attention (HEAD CASES is good enough to watch if you land on it, though not so great that you should break your legs nor speed limits to get home to see it. Good to see Stave Landesberg working regularly again).

Phillyradiogeek said...

I've DVR's the first two episodes of BREAKING BAD, but have yet to check it out. Here's hoping.