Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday's Forgotten TV: Eerie, Indiana


Today's overlooked media find is the short-lived NBC TV series Eerie, Indiana.  The series focused on 12-year-old Marshall Taylor, who moves to the fictional Indiana town for his father's new job.  Marshall notices the town's strange vibe immediately and explores, along with another "normal" boy named Simon, to uncover as many of the weird occurences as possible.

The show only aired for one season from the fall of 1991 to spring of 1992, but the entire series is available on DVD as well as available for free on Hulu.  Here is the series first episode, involving a mother and twin sons who seem from another time.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Todd Mason said...

A particular favorite of yours, Brian?

(see more links to Tuesday's Overlooked items at my blog...if you dare!)

Phillyradiogeek said...

I've only seen a couple of episodes, (the featured pilot included). I wanted to watch the show more frequently when it aired, but didn't get the chance for one reason or another.

I see that Chuck has entered the blog fray. Will read his Skidoo article later today. I just glanced through it, but I suspect I enjoyed the film more than he did.

Evan Lewis said...

I do remember this one. It died too young.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Evan: there was a spin-off/revamp of the series on Fox in 1998 or so, but that also tanked pretty quickly.