Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday's Overlooked TV: A Carol for Another Christmas (1964)


It's only Tuesday for four more hours as I write this, but that's good enough for me. This week's Tuesday's Overlooked TV is the 1964 TV-movie A Carol for Another Christmas.

Carol was directed by Joseph Mankiewicz and written by Rod Serling. The film was commissioned by the United Nations in an effort to promote world peace. You can read about the film in more detail here, but suffice it to say, the film is a modern day take on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol from a global perspective. Unfortunately, in light of recent events, it's as relevant as ever.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

It is good, and different, but also very... sad. I don't know. I have watched it a couple of times over the years and it hasn't ever become something I need to watch every year.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Truth be told, I haven't seen it, but it's in my Christmas queue. I like obscure programs like this, if only for their obscurity! :)