Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tuesday's (Late) Forgotten TV-Movie: Miracle on 34th Street

I am VERY sorry for my severe lack of posting during this holiday season! It's very unlike me to have such a low  rollout of posts this time of year, but my life is extremely busy both at work and home, even more so than usual. Please bear with me and I'll do my best to turn things around the remainder of the season.

This week I offer a TV-movie version of a classic 1947 Christmas film, Miracle on 34th Street. In this 1955 version, Thomas Mitchell plays Kris Kringle in New York City on trial for being crazy, but a kind-hearted lawyer (imagine that) defends the man as well as warms the hearts of a no-nonsense woman and her starry-eyes daughter. This version aired as an installment of The 20th Century Fox Hour on CBS. There were two additional TV-movie remakes of the original film, a 1959 live version on NBC and a 1973 TV-movie starring Sebastian Cabot as Kris (this is the version I first saw).

Here, free and legal, is the 1955 TV-movie version of Miracle on 34th Street in its entirety. Enjoy!

No comments: