Thursday, January 26, 2012

State of the Blog 2012

Hello one and all! As I'm sure you noticed, there hasn't been a lot of action here at Me and You lately. In fact, that's what this post is about.

Due to increased responsibilities at both home and work, it's been increasingly difficult to get any material out here with any real regularity. It's certainly not because I've lost interest--not hardly. But time is becoming an increasingly rare commodity.

Besides that, I also think the blog's format may have gotten a bit stale. I haven't had an overflow of ideas for blogging, at least not for posting on a five-day-a-week clip like I do during the Countdown to Halloween, for example.

One thing is for certain--the blog isn't going away. Not at all! But you should be prepared to see only a couple of posts a week going forward rather than a near-daily dose like I've done in the past.

What I do hope to do is use what little time I will have for blogging to increase the quality of each post. My posts may be lest frequent, but may be longer and more content-packed. I'd also like to get back to some special features I used to have, such as Saturday Morning Recreated or the Saturday Matinee. Of course, I will happily continue being a part of Tuesday's Forgotten/Overlooked movie/TV/music/etc every week. Such features are great for inspiration. Lastly, I had a lot of fun conducting an interview with comic writer/reviewer Chris Sims back in October, and I'd like to have more interviews in the future.

In short: I'm going for quality over quantity at the blog from here on out. After all, you'd rather read two really good articles a week rather than five crappy ones, right?

Thanks!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

We'll be happy to read whatever you have time to post! Work and family priorities come first.

Oh, and yesterday me and my kids watched those Rosie Really clips on youtube. They LOVED them! Made me really happy. Thanks for pointing them out.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Kristen!

Shawn Robare said...

You have to do what it takes to keep yourself sane and make sure you're still having fun at this game. I know my output on Branded has decreased over the years for the same reasons you've mentioned and I've forced myself to take a hiatus every year to recharge. At the end of the day it has to be fun, and like Kristen said, family and work first, always.

Wings1295 said...

Post what you want and when you want. Keep it fun and the fans will stick around!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks everyone for the support--it means a lot!