Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Little Rascals Christmas Special (1979)


Why yes, there was indeed an animated Little Rascals Christmas Special that aired in 1979--December 3rd, 1979, to be exact, on NBC. Produced by King World Productions and written by celebrated Rankin/Bass writer Romeo Muller, the special starred only a small handful of the famous Our Gang cast--not the originals, of course--trying to make enough money for Spanky and Porky's mother, who exchanged her new coat for a toy train for her boys. With the help of a street corner Santa, Our Gang manage to do just that.

I assume I didn't need to put a spoiler warning there.

I found this special at a summertime flea market a couple of years ago, and just watched it this weekend. I remembered seeing it once, probably when it first aired, and although it's certainly not the best special out there, it's worth watching if you come across it--like right below, courtesy of YouTube. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Bob Johns said...

So cool I'm going to have to start up the roku tonight and watch this. I'm willing to bet I watched this as a kid as well. Great post.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Bob! Hope you enjoy it!