Thursday, October 4, 2018

Drak Pack (1980)


Today's offering is an episode of the 1980 Saturday morning cartoon series Drak Pack.

Drak Pack consisted of three seemingly normal teenagers who were in fact descendants of classic monsters. Led by Count Dracula (referred to as "Big D" by the cast), the three teens would go on missions to stop a villainous band of monsters known as O.G.R.E--the Organization for Generally Rotten Enterprises--from causing worldwide havoc.

Oh, did I mention that the teens had the power to turn into monsters themselves? Yes they did. See above for the results.

The show only lasted one season, the fall of 1980, but I found it amusing enough as a kid to watch. When you're six years old, "amusing enough" usually is all you need.

This episode is also featured on Dinosaur Dracula's side blog Dino Drac After Dark. If you don't know about that site, you really need to get acquainted with it.

Enjoy!



4 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I remember being so excited about this show. Was so in my age range and wheelhouse.

Tom said...

I don't remember the cartoon, although I kind of remember the name. 1980 would have still found me seated every Saturday morning in front of the TV, so I'm not sure how I would have missed this one. I need to see what was opposite it...

Tom said...

Aha, now I know why I didn't see it. Plastic Man was on opposite.https://garagesalin.blogspot.com/2015/10/what-was-on-tv-october-25th-through.html

Bob Johns said...

Man I forgot all about this show!