Friday, October 26, 2018

Halloween: A Cut Above the Rest



The last weekend of Halloween is here. Dude, we have to get our party on big time. And I can't think of a better way to do it than--watch a documentary movie about a fictional movie.

What, you say? You're featuring a documentary on a Halloween weekend?

This isn't a documentary about moose migration or something like that (apologies if that's your thing though). This is a popular documentary about my favorite horror movie of all time (after Jaws)--Halloween. It's called Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest.

Halloween is back in the public consciousness in a huge way due to its 40th anniversary and the release of the new sequel (which is doing extremely well). Although I likely won't be able to take in the new flick before the big night, I've been celebrating the franchise's anniversary by re-watching the films from the first to H20 (maybe I'll catch Resurrection and the Zombie films next year). Someday I'll write a missive about how the very first film scarred me to the core for life, but that will have to be another article for another Countdown.

"Making of" documentaries of Halloween are a dime a dozen, but Cut is considered the best. Give it a watch and learn to appreciate how a masterpiece is made.

Enjoy! Have a great Halloween weekend! Be safe and have fun!


2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Great documentary. Have watched it a few times over the years. Love all the behind the scenes info and interviews. Movie still keeps me riveted. I was watching last night and found myself ignoring my phone, which I have had a problem with, as of late. So I take that as a good sign.

Cannot believe it is the weekend before Halloween already. Slow the freak down!

Stunt Zombie said...

I've never even heard of this one. I'm gonna need to go check it out. I'm always a sucker for documentaries on this kind of stuff.