Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Countdown 2007 Finale: A Day of Thanksgiving

Here is the last of the Thanksgiving programs I have to present to you this year. To be honest, I'm not sure of the origins of this short film, which I would date as late 40s/early 50s. Quite frankly, I'm too lazy to do the research :)

The film showcases a sterotypical postwar nuclear family learning and appreciating the true meaning of the holiday. Some may see this as heartwarming, others may see it as cloying, but regardless of personal interpretation, it's an engaging slice of postwar Americana. Enjoy!



I hope everyone has enjoyed my Thanksgiving Countdown; please send me feedback via the comments sections or email so I can prepare for next year. This will be my last post before the big day, but I plan on posting again either Saturday or Sunday. So until then, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

But wait--what's this!



Yes indeed, the holidays are coming, and I have plenty of great holiday stuff on the way. Stay tuned--the fun's just beginning!

No comments: