Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool!

Hello again, faithful readers--all four of you. I hope you enjoyed opening day of baseball better than I did (Nationals 11, Phillies 6--augh!).

Today, as you know, is April Fools' Day, a time when people like to play (bad) practical jokes. I wouldn't do that to you, but I do have practical jokes played by others for you to enjoy.

First up, and coinciding with the start of baseball, is a joke played on Phillies pitcher Kyle Kendrick by, well, every other member of the Phillies organization. Kendrick was told by the team manager that he was being traded to Japan. SPRING TRAINING FOOL!!



Next, two clips from the 80s TV show Bloopers and Practical Jokes, hosted by broadcasting stalwarts Dick Clark and Ed McMahon. Merv Griffin is their victim in this clip:



Alex Trebek is next:



Finally, poor Justin Timberlake sees his new home raided by supposed IRS agents, who in fact are part of Ashton Kutcher's MTV hit Punk'd.



Stay alert for jokers in your world today, and I'll see you again no later than Friday with...gee, I don't know yet. But I'm sure it will be fantastic!

3 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol. The first one was a pretty elaborate prank Poor guy! And poor Merv too! That was awful. The Alex Trebek video doesn't work though. Gotta love Punk'd!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks for enjoying. The Trebek video works fine for me, unless you mean the joke itself doesn't work for you.

Notice that one of the Trebek joke actors is a then-undiscovered Camryn Manheim of The Practice and Ghost Whisperer.

Ladytink_534 said...

I couldn't get the vid to work but went to YouTube and found it. Love the expression on Trebek's face through the whole thing lol.