Monday, December 13, 2010

A Family Circus Christmas

Today I present a program I've wanted to find again for years but couldn't until now. This is A Family Circus Christmas, based on the popular newspaper strip starring a fictional version of creator Bill Keane's family, especially the children:  Billy, Dolly, Jeffy, and PJ.  I've only seen this once or twice but it has stayed in my memory since I first saw it.

It has particular resonance for me this year.  This is my first Christmas without my father, whom I lost earlier this year.  I hope-- in fact, I know--he will be around for his grandchildren the way Grandfather Keane is here (I still miss you, Dad).

Enjoy!



2 comments:

Bill D. said...

I definitely remember watching this, though I don't remember a thing about it other than Dolly's voice. For whatever reason, that's the one thing that stuck, and I can't not read a Family Circus featuring her without hearing that actress saying the dialog in my head.

Phillyradiogeek said...

I'm the same way with the voice of J. Jonah Jameson from the 60s Spider-Man cartoon. Everytime I read JJJ in a comic, I always hear that actor's voice.