Thursday, December 30, 2010

What I Got for Christmas

Hey everybody!  I hope you're still having a great yuletide season, even if we're in the home stretch of it.  I thought I would continue to blog throughout the week, but that didn't and won't happen.  I'm home with the family all week, so the blog is taking a back seat (as it should).  Still, I have a few minutes to pop in and let you know some of the cool stuff I got for Christmas.

A USB turntable that can convert vinyl records to mp3s.  I can't wait to start ripping some of the cool records I haven't listened to in ages!

Planet Hulk by Greg Pak.  I've been wanting to read this for a long time, and can't wait to read the major story that set the tone for Marvel Comics' Hulk franchise for the last few years and counting.

Come and Get It:  The Best of Apple Records.  The Beatles discovered from great talent during their brief stint as record moguls, and the cream of the crop is now available in remastered glory for the first time.

Peanuts: The 70s Collection Volume 2.  Do I really need to explain my love of Peanuts again?

3-in-1 Personal Trimmer:  'cause I'm hairy in certain places, OK?

Gift certificate for family portrait:  we've wanted to have a professional, traditional, family portrait for a long time now, and thanks to my wife's parents, we will!

What did you get for Christmas?  Let me know in the comments section.  Thanks!

5 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Great gifts! Hope you had a great holiday!

Cheers!

Erick said...

That's some cool stuff you got there. Planet Hulk is great. I just posted on my blog what I got for Christmas.
http://wonderfulwonderblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-christmas-loot.html

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks guys! Happy New Year!

Todd Mason said...

Happy new year, Brian! May this year be way the hell better than the last couple.

I got some coins, books, and Alice was so embarrassed by what I gave her that she gave me a GC at Amazon of exactly equal value (I'll get her by getting her gifts out of that, too...competitive "selflessness," not quite potlach, but close enough).

As someone whose last barber seemed interested in shaving his neck down to the end of his spine (as she mentioned how much I reminded her of her husband, and you don't need to be cryptographer to dope that out), you have my sympathies.

Can we suck you into the Forgotten Music or Forgotten Book roundelays?

Phillyradiogeek said...

Glad you had a good Christmas, Todd! As for the Forgotten stuff, I'd be interested if I could think of some fine subjects for it. I'll search the library of my mind and see if I can find some thing bloggable. Thanks!