Friday, September 27, 2013

List O' Links for Friday, September 27, 2013


This is the last weekend of September. It's been a busy month for all, I'm sure (it certainly has been for me), so we've all earned a fun, relaxing weekend. Especially since the rest of the year is going to be even busier, but also a lot of fun. The last three months are my favorite of the year: we've got Halloween (and the Countdown to it), Thanksgiving, and my favorite holiday of the year, Christmas!

And appropriately enough, my favorite time of the year kicks off Saturday, which is my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! :)

OK, enough on the passage of time, let's get right to the links!

Check out an actor dressed as Superman at the 1939 World's Fair. This unnamed actor is likely the first live action representation of the hero.

I'd love to hear what the grammar police would say about this author's punctuation proclamation--"Kill the Apostrophe!"

I know it's early, but new Christmas music releases start coming out strong in October. Keep track with Amazon's list of new Christmas music releases here.

Remember Freedom Rock, man? Here's an update on what one of the actors in that famous commercial is doing these days.

The TV series Marvel's Agents of SHIELD debuted this week (and I thought it was awesome!) and Iron Man 3 was released on DVD, Blu-Ray, and Digital HD download this week as well. But did you know that prose novels starring the Avengers were available way back when? Check out their nice cover art here.

Finally, this wouldn't be a decent geek-related blog without some Star Wars cosplay. Here is a video featuring an awesome wookie outfit!

Have a great weekend, and please come back Monday, as next week kicks off--the COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN! See you then!

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

It is a great time of the year! Love October and every day is special. Don't like it to go by too fast! While I love Halloween, the lead-up to it is special, too! And Happy (early) Birthday!!!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Joe, I really appreciate it!