Friday, September 12, 2014

List O Links for Friday, September 12th, 2014

Hello everyone! Sorry for the radio silence this week, but being Back to School time as you know, I've been busy with both my kids starting their first full week (they started last Wednesday), plus my wife, a teacher, starting her first full week as well. And on top of all that, my kids returned to dance school this week as well. And Tuesday was my wife's birthday. I was busy, folks.

But enough about me, let's get to some links I've discovered lately!

Darwyne Cook is an awesome comic book artist. If you're not familiar with his work, check out these variant covers he's created for some upcoming DC Comics issues. Beautiful!

This week being the 13th anniversary of 9/11, here is a fine article on AOL on the subject.

This August and September marks the 50th anniversary of the Beatles first US tour. Here is some footage and audio of the boys from the tour's stop in my hometown, Philadelphia.

Astronomically, it's still summer for another 10 days or so, but in the minds of most people, it's already autumn. For many, it's their favorite time of year, and it's hard to argue against that. For you autumn lovers out there, I highly recommend the Tumblr site Cold Hands, Warm Hearts, featuring beautiful autumn photos of foliage, food, holidays, and other seasonal delights. Check it out!

Finally, is Raiders of the Lost Ark the most perfect film ever made? The Retroist reports, you decide!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Great stuff! Can't wait for Autumn, but want it to go slow and not fly by!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Savor every morsel of autumn, Joe!