Sunday, November 26, 2017

Classic Christmas Commercials 2017 Edition



Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All The Way...

Hello everyone to another great Christmas season at Me and You! I really need this Christmas season, and it couldn't have come at a better time. My body is ready!

First up, my annual collection of Christmas commercials. We start with a fun Christmas commercial from blog stalwart McDonald's. Their gift certificates are great for the Hamburglar in your family!



Not to be outdone, here comes Burger King!



After all that fast food, you may need some Alka-Seltzer to calm things down. Here are two great commercials, one featuring the late Sammy Davis Jr!





Up next, a quick network promo for two of the best animated Christmas specials of all time, A Charlie Brown Christmas and 'Twas The Night Before Christmas!



Speaking of Charlie Brown, here is a commercial from 1991 for Shell Oil which had a promotion with Peanuts that year, selling VHS copies of A Charlie Brown Christmas.



Finally, here is a great local commercial for Ben Franklin's 5 and 10 store promoting their Christmas decorations and novelties. Local commercials such as these may not have the best production values, but they make up for it in charm and warmth. I love it!



I'll feature more commercials in the season if I can. If not, check out my archives from Christmases Past for other great ones.

Thanks, and stay tuned. There's plenty of Christmas cheer on the way!


2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Great stuff, as usual. I remember the Burger King doll, not sure if I actually had one or not, but I remember it. And that Charlie Brown/Twas the Night Before Christmas double bill made for quite the great night. Little me must have really enjoyed it.

Have a great Christmas season, Brian!

Phillyradiogeek said...

You too Joe!

Charlie Brown was usually paired with either Twas The Night, Frosty the Snowman, or the Grinch. I always thought the Grinch was the most appropriate pairing, as they share similar themes.