Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Tuesday's Overlooked TV: No Man's Valley (1981) UPDATED!


Coming in under the wire (9pm) for Tuesday, this week's Overlooked TV is a revisit of an animated special I discussed two years ago.

No Man's Valley is a special produced by Lee Mendelson and Bill Melendez, the creators of the Peanuts specials, about a condor who tries to find a sanctuary for his animal friends when their habitat is threatened by human developers. It aired on November 23rd, 1981, right after A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. In my original article, I mentioned the rarity of the special, having only aired once on network TV and only being available on VHS very briefly in the mid 80s. Except for one televised promo, no footage of the special was available anywhere.

Until now.

Posted online just six months ago, I am happy to present the show in its entirely as it aired on WBBM Channel 2 in Chicago that November night in 1981. Thanks to the Museum for Classic Chicago Television, please enjoy No Man's Valley!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Bob Johns said...

I added this to my watch later list!