Friday, November 3, 2017

How Was Your Halloween?


To quote Charlie Brown, "another Halloween has come and gone." I hope yours was a safe, happy, and healthy one. Mine--not so much.

A very strong stomach virus infected our house this weekend, putting most of us down for the count this week at one point or another. My poor 11-year-old son even missed trick or treat because of it. Suffice it to say, the 2017 Halloween season ended on a very down note. Which is not to say there weren't things I enjoyed this season--my kids had a fun time at their school's Trunk or Treat the Friday before Halloween, so there's that. Plus, I caught some good horror movies, did some spooky reading, and enjoyed having not one but TWO Halloween mood tables. If you don't know what a mood table is, check out the origin here.

But enough about my busted Halloween--how was yours? Please let me know in the comments. I hope you had a great one!

It's time to put the 2017 Halloween season into its coffin, where it will sleep a sound repose until it rises from the grave to become Halloween 2018 next October. Until then, I hope you enjoyed the 2017 Countdown to Halloween!

You notice that? The smell of fire and brimstone has turned into--*sniff sniff*--turkey and gravy!

Have a great weekend!




5 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Sorry your Halloween got sidetrack by life. Always sucks when you look forward to something so much and that happens.

Mine was okay. Still adjusting to the different way it is. After raising kids for so long, just being me and my wife is different. I still decorate to the nines, but the kids got to see it just once over the month. So, it is different and weird, still. Horror movies and specials and the Halloween Countdown were the ways I stayed attached to the holiday. So, thank you for your part in that. It is appreciated.

Here's to an even better Halloween 2018!

Tom said...

Sorry to hear about the sickness in the house. I've had other holidays and vacations ruined that way, but Halloween has escaped so far. We had a good Halloween, but as usual, it seems like I'm too busy to enjoy it. Just once I'd like to sit down and let Halloween envelop me rather than working and investing so much time preparing for it. But, I'm not complaining, honestly. I had a good time following your blog, writing my own blog, watching my traditional shows (and a few new ones, thank you very much), listening to Halloween music and rediscovering all of my Halloween decorations again. Here's to Halloween 2018 (but let's take a break for just a little bit).

wicKED said...

Really sorry to hear about your sickness. I live in fear of weather, health, and vandalism all October. Our Halloween was pretty good and exceptionally busy.We are still getting some extra innings of Halloween as we help out with a local Haunted Forest which has it's final showing Nov 3rd and 4th and then we have a haunted house carnival to do November 11th. Here is hoping that next year will be the best yet!

Lady M said...


Well - you will have to have a Hallovember and then celebrate Creepmas!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Bob. At least we still have a lot of candy in the house. We've decided to move on to a better Thanksgiving and Christmas :)