As I've said before, I'll only have a few light items for the Saturday Matinee this month, as the feature will be on hiatus through the holiday season. It'll be back in full force after the new year.
This week I have a 10-minute montage of various interstititial films that would air before, between, and after features, sometimes advertising the concession stand fare, sometimes asking you to behave at the theater, and some are public service announcements that were commonly featured at theaters back in the day. Most of these were designed for drive-in theaters, which never featured a matinee of anything, being only able to show movies at night, but what the hey. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Popular Posts
-
This Friday's long-form program is the 1980 TV-movie Doctor Franken . In Doctor Franken (aka The Franken Project ), the titular physi...
-
This past month, I've twice mentioned programs I saw as a young boy on Channel 48 in Philadelphia during the late 70s/early 80s. Most ...
-
We're back for another haunt in the Countdown. Nest up: this year's batch of Halloween TV commercials! Well, they're not all H...
1 comment:
Great find! I've never actually been to a drive-in theater but there supposedly one not too far from here...
Post a Comment