Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We Are The Champions!

I know I said that I might post one or two more Halloween items before the weekend, but I looked around my Halloween cache and noticed that I'd pretty much used it up already, so Friday was indeed the Halloween swan song for this year. I hope everyone enjoyed my programming. Please let me know via comments or email what you thought of it so I can prepare for next year.

And so we move on. In case you haven't noticed from my last two posts, I'm very happy that the Philadelphia Phillies have won the World Series.

Ahem, let me say that again...

THE PHILLIES HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 25 years since the city won a major sports championship, so I had to exude some glee these few days. Below is a fan's footage (not taken by me) of the last out in Game 5 last Wednesday night:



The victory parade was Friday, travelling through downtown Philly right to the city's sports complex. My workplace is just a block away from the start of the parade, so I managed to get some footage with my video camera.

Here is a large crowd in Philly's famous Love Park anxiously awaiting their World Series Champions:



Here is a (admittedly shaky) clip of the Phils making their way along Market Street:



Finally, Phillies second baseman Chase Utley gave a very, shall we say, enthusiastic speech at the victory celebration. NOT SAFE FOR WORK!



Obviously, it was a joyous and wild day for Phillies fans everywhere. Thank you Phillies!

I'll get back to my usual fare from now on, I promise!

No comments: