Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Cornucopia

And so we end this year's Thanksgiving programming with these themeless clips!

The last Thanksgiving cartoon for the year arrives courtesy of LadyTink, who found this gem from Warner Brothers entitled "Tom Turk and Daffy," starring Daffy Duck and Porkey Pig.



These next two clips go out to my readers from the various comic book blogs that I link to. Here is a clip from the 1987 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade featuring the Marvel Comics float, complete with living super heroes!



And a clip from the 1989 parade and that year's Marvel float.



Finally, here is a commercial from 1995 advertising some of the Black Friday doorbuster sales at the now-defunct Caldor department store chain. This is not a particularly unique or special commercial, to be honest. The only reason I'm posting it is because my wife and I used to work at a Caldor store in Philadelphia (it's where we met) and have been a part of some of these sales. If you're going out this Black Friday, good luck!



Well, that's a wrap for this year's Thanksgiving stuff. I hope you enjoyed it all; let me know in the comments section.

But wait, what's this?



Yes indeed. It's just about that time of year. And just like last year, I have some awesome stuff to show you. Ho ho ho!

I hope to begin the holiday festivities later this weekend. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

I found a few great things to put up on Thanksgiving myself...

Great clips!!!

Chris Illuminati said...

What's with the Back to the Future theme music in that first Marvel parade clip?