Thursday, February 23, 2012

Adventure Time Pilot Episode


Lately I've been watching episodes of the hit Cartoon Network series Adventure Time. I had heard so much about it from my comic book podcasts and message boards that I thought I'd check it out, so I began watching episodes on demand. While I can't say I'm a die-hard fan yet, the show is definitely growing on me.

If you're unfamiliar with the series, you can read about it here. What I find interesting is that the very first pilot/demo for the series first aired on Nickelodeon on their animation anthology series Random! Cartoons. Yet when the creators pitched a full series to Nickelodeon, the network declined. Nick's loss has become Cartoon Network's gain, and the Nick executives are probably kicking themselves in the ass for not greenlighting it themselves.

Here is that series pilot. The animation is more crude than the series version, but the voices are mostly the same. The lead character of Finn is named Pen here, after series creator Pendleton Ward. Enjoy!

No comments: