Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School TV Commercials

Continuing my Back to School Week "lessons", I have some TV commercials which I hope you find as entertaining as I do.

First up: a young goth girl goes shopping for school supplies at Staples with her dad.  But not just any dad!



Not to be outdone, OfficeMax reminds you that they are a great back to school destination.  But don't forget your lunch!



You'd be surprised what materials are necessary for school; you can't just think of pens and pencils.  You need fresh clothes as well.  Thankfully, we have Fruit of the Loom to remind us of that.



That commercial from 2010 possibly inspired this new commercial from Target, and it's my favorite new commercial of any kind in quite awhile.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you--DENIM!



Target also aired some other commercials in their back to school series, including a 2nd grade teacher and everyone's memory of a PE coach!

Finally, a quick but heartwarming commercial, courtesy of the masters of  heartwarming, Hallmark.  You really should do this for your children.  My wife and I give cards to our kids every year on their first day, and it's a small but significant way to show your children how proud you are of them.



That's it for this year's batch.  Thanks!

OK, maybe just a little more denim.

No comments: