Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday's Forgotten TV-Movie: Murder Can Hurt You

It's Tuesday, and therefore it's time for Tuesday's Forgotten TV/Movie/Etc.  My offering today is the comedic TV movie Murder Can Hurt You.

Murder Can Hurt You first (only?) aired on May 21st, 1980 (if I can safely trust the YouTube clip) and is a spoof of the many TV detective shows of the 70s.  Kojak, Baretta, Starsky & Hutch, Columbo, and others are presented here in analogue form, and the film stars many TV personalities of the time, such as Gavin McCloud, Tony Danza, Victor Buono, and Jamie Farr, to name a few.  For some strange reason, and a sad commentary on the way my mind works, I remember seeing this film when it aired.  I was 5 years old, and very foolish.

If you are in the mood for dumb (and I mean dumb) fun, here is Murder Can Hurt You in all it's glory.  Enjoy!










2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Haven't looked at the segments yet, but it can't be too much goofier than, say, MURDER BY DEATH or THE CHEAP DETECTIVE...

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Todd. It's basically a direct rip-off of DEATH with TV detectives instead.