In the 1960s, The US military created ARPANET, the predecessor to today's Internet. It was originally conceived to be used for military and university applications. However, a forward thinker was able to see the potential for use of the 'Net by everyone. Here is how the Internet was envisioned back in 1969. Not too far off the mark, although a little sexist.
If only I could watch this clip, or any YouTube clip for that manner. A new Flash player came out last week, but my workplace hasn't updated it yet. Me sad :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Popular Posts
-
BOO! Welcome, one and all, to the 2026 Countdown to Halloween ! As I do every October 1st, I rise from the grave to present to you, the livi...
-
This past month, I've twice mentioned programs I saw as a young boy on Channel 48 in Philadelphia during the late 70s/early 80s. Most ...
-
Hello again, and welcome back for the first full-fledged post of my 2026 Countdown to Halloween. As it's a Friday, I usually present a...
2 comments:
Hm. A little sexist?
I wonder who put this together...and how many people at Xerox still kick themselves about not pushing forward with the graphic interfaces they had in house at about this time, and becoming the largest corporation in the world. Actually, I suppose those decisioneers have long since taken their gold ingot retirements...
"How can I save up for that toolkit if that women won't stop buying shoes?"
Post a Comment