Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Welcome to the 2019 Countdown to Halloween!



BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome one and all to the 2019 Countdown to Halloween! I'm very happy to have you here for another month of screams, tricks, and treats! Please enjoy everything I have to offer this year, from spooky TV commercials to horror movie trailers to cartoons to...well, who knows WHAT may arise from the grave!

For you newcomers out there, the Countdown isn't just about me, it's about dozens (hundreds?) of bloggers who do their best to blog awesome Halloween content all October long. Please visit as many blogs as you can, and let the bloggers know you appreciate them by leaving a comment, or even better, share their blogs to as many people as you can via social media, email, or whatever! We do appreciate it.

Before going any further, I must acknowledge John Rozum for all his hard work he puts into every Countdown. It's not easy to coordinate all the bloggers and their sites, plus create the badges, so a tip of the hat to you, John!

One thing I will clue you in on as to what you can expect this year: the week of Monday, October 14th through Friday, October 18th will be--Sleepy Hollow Week! Every day that week, I will feature programming related to Washington Irving's literary classic. Why? No reason, I just want to!



Of course, I'll have plenty of other spooky content all month long, so don't lose your head!

Today I offer a few quick warm-ups to get things started. Enjoy, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



9 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Fun stuff! Love the month and the Countdown has become a fun part of it all!

Hope you and yours enjoy all October has to offer!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Happy October Joe! Have a great season!

Lady M said...

The Ghost video is cool. I just read a great interview in the Colorado Spring Independent with Tobias Forge. He really is quite funny and clever.

Jamie Ghione said...

Loved the Toys R Us commercial. I remember those costumes with the smock and mask, but don't recall if I ever wore any of those.

RIP Toys R US!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Lady M: Thanks! If you like Ghost, stay tuned to the blog this Friday for more!

Jamie: I love that commercial! Some of my first costumes were ones like that. Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman come to mind.

Bob Johns said...

I can not wait to hear about Sleepy hallow! here is to a fun Countdown!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Bob! I like the Sleepy Hollow stuff I'm featuring :)

Richard S said...

Love the "Danse Macabre" montage!

Here are two others in a similar vein:

"A History of Horror" by Diego Carerra: 1 year = 1 film. "A History of Horror" is a video essay which proposes a timeline of influential and aesthetically beautiful horror movies around the world since 1895 until 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukeS-nj0pxs

"Gothic: The Dark Heart of Film": Trailer for the British Film Institute's celebration of Gothic film in their 2013-2014 season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzzf-0ubL7g

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Richard!