Monday, November 15, 2010

This is America, Charlie Brown, "The Mayflower Voyagers"

Welcome back from the weekend everyone!  Today I start my Thanksgiving programming in earnest, and I start with what I thought would be an obscure find.  I'll tell you why it isn't momentarily.

This is America, Charlie Brown was an 8-part animated miniseries that aired on CBS in 1988 demonstrating certain moments in American history through the eyes of the Peanuts gang.  The first of these episodes was "The Mayflower Voyagers," in which the gang retell the story of the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving.

I was happy to have found this on YouTube as I thought it hadn't aired on TV since 1988 and would make a nice treat for Peanuts fans who were only familiar with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.  However, I discovered that since 2008, ABC has paired this episode of the series with the Thanksgiving special, and they will do the same this Thursday night from 8 to 9pm.  Good grief!

Oh well, so it's not the rarity I thought it was, but it's still highly enjoyable.  Enjoy!  Or see it this Thursday on ABC!




Please take my reader survey!

No comments: