Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Halloween TV Commercials 2017 Edition Part 3

I can't resist. I just can't! I still have so many great spooky TV commercials that they can't wait until next year. I have to share them with you now. YOLO, right?

Also, last week's installment of commercials has been one of the most visited articles I've written in a very long time. I have to give the public what they want. Thank you all for your support!

Without further ado, here are more great commercials!

For starters, in case of vampires, hope that there is plenty of Heineken beer around!



Sticking with the vampire theme, here Dracula enjoys a hearty soup with plenty of cheese!

You don't get to type that sentence very often.



Next, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble encounter some strange visitors as they enjoy their Pebbles cereal.



Not only is the zombie in this Starburst commercial the living dead, he's also very cranky!



This commercial for a local Kia dealer isn't all that spooky, but I still love it because it at least makes the effort to acknowledge the holiday even when it doesn't have to. It some ways, those are the best Halloween commercials, because they actively try to celebrate the day by choice rather than the necessity to sell.



Same thing with this other local Kia dealer, which goes even farther with its Halloween commercial. It's hokey, it's crudely produced, it has talking dogs--I love it!



As I've said before, Snickers has some of the best Halloween/spooky commercials of all time. In this extra long example, the product shilling takes a back seat to the star of the commercial, pumpkin carver John Neill. He is excellent!



In this next one, Snickers goes in a different direction. The host of a fictional budget Halloween kids special is obviously hungry--and obviously unprofessional!


Finally, the master of horror himself, Stephen King, praises the powers of his American Express card in this classic spot (the first time I ever saw King was when I was a kid when this commercial aired).


I'm thoroughly convinced that's his real house and not a set.

Thanks again for the support! I really mean it!

4 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Great choices! I miss the rough around the edges Flintstones animation from the 60s and 70s. And I just plain love when "normal" companies just embrace the Halloween feeling.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Joe: absolutely! As corny and cliche as commericals are with slogans like "prices so low it's SCARY," I still love them!

Lady M said...

The Halloween song and dance just cracked me up. I love how he loses it in front of his studio audience. Reminds me of the regional shows that used be all over the Midwest back in the 60's and 70's like Garfield Goose and Uncle Al's Farm.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Lady M: exactly! Thanks for commenting!