Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tuesday's Overlooked TV: Highway to Heaven, "I Was A Middle-Aged Werewolf"


This week, Tuesday's Overlooked TV features a Halloween episode of the 1980s NBC series Highway to Heaven.

A Halloween episode of Highway to Heaven, you say? Absolutely!

For those unaware, Heaven starred Michael Landon as Jonathan, an angel who traveled the country with his human friend Mark (Victor French), helping people God deemed in need of their help. In "I Was A Middle-Aged Werewolf," Jonathan comes to the aid of a young boy in an attempt to help the boy overcome his fears on Halloween. The episode is inspired by Landon's performance in his younger days in the movie I Was A Teenage Werewolf.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Another I never saw, I was not a Highway to Heaven viewer. Cool that they did an episode with a nod to his horror movie past.

Bob Johns said...

OH, I remember this episode. Look forward to rewatching this again.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Joe: the beginning of the episode references ANOTHER Halloween episode they did that I had forgotten about--when they challenge the devil! Played by the guy from The Hill Have Eyes, no less!

Bob: I love when Jonathan is scaring the crap out of Mark just for the fun of it!

Tom said...

I liked Highway to Heaven and I loved this episode. I'm going to give it another watch since it's been awhile. Landon must have been a big Halloween fan because he made several Halloween-themed Little House on the Prairie episodes as well.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Tom: that's interesting! That makes Landon even cooler.

Tom said...

If you aren't aware of them, I recommend checking out "The Monster of Walnut Grove", a particularly gruesome episode by LHOTP standards and probably the best of the Halloween-themed episodes. There's also "The Lake Kezia Monster", "The Werewolf of Walnut Grove" and the lesser, in my opinion, "The Halloween Dream".

Phillyradiogeek said...

Cool! Thanks Tom!