Friday, October 27, 2017

Trick or Treats (1982)


It's the last weekend before Halloween! AUGH! Make it a great one! Hopefully you can start by watching the last full length program I have for you this year, the 1982 slasher film Trick or Treats.

Trick or Treats involves an escaped madman searching for his ex-wife and son on Halloween night. The mom is out for the night, and the son is at home with a babysitter. The son is a holy terror, playing prank after prank on the hapless sitter. Meanwhile, the deranged father gets closer and closer to the house.

To be honest, in the research I did for this movie, I came across some less than stellar reviews. But I've decided to feature the movie anyway for two reasons:

1) The son actually does play some cool, Halloweeny pranks.
2) David Carradine.

Although this isn't the goriest of slasher flicks by any measure, viewer discretion is still advised. Enjoy! And have a great Halloween weekend!

3 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Hmmm. Haven't heard of this. And I am a horror masochist, so I am sure I will be watching. Saving for a slow time between movies. Thanks, and hope your Hallo-weekend is going spookily!

Phillyradiogeek said...

I finally saw it, and it's more like a black comedy than an outright horror film. Think of it as Problem Child if the kid's dad were an escaped lunatic on the loose.

Caffeinated Joe said...

I watched last night. You sir, owe me a treat for this trick.