Monday, October 16, 2017

The Crown of Bogg (1981)


Welcome to Week 3 of the Countdown to Halloween. With October half over, it's time to put the pedal to the metal and shift your Dragula into second gear to the big day!

Today I present the 1981 Showtime children's special The Crown of Bogg. This was created by Paul Fusco, the creator of ALF and predates that series by several years. Two factions of trolls/gnomes/creatures/whatever are competing for rule of their people. The two contenders must bring back a cursed artifact from the human world to take reign.

And yes, all of this does tie into Halloween.

This special is obscure to be sure, but others have written about it before me.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I have had this in my YouTube queue for like two years and have yet to watch. Maybe this year. :)

Phillyradiogeek said...

I haven't watched it yet either. I guess I should actually watch programs before I post them :)