Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tuesday's Overlooked TV: Mork & Mindy, "A Morkville Horror"


Hello all! Today the Countdown to Halloween starts in earnest, and it also starts by participating in another multi-blog undertaking.

I occasionally take part in Tuesday's Overlooked A/V, a feature hosted by my friend Todd Mason at his blog Sweet Freedom. On Tuesdays, several of us blog about a particular movie, TV series, or other audio/visual project we believe is worth reminding readers of. This month, as I've done in past Countdowns, I will feature spooky-related programming, all with a certain theme. One year, I focused on crawling hand movies; last year, it was killer cars; and this year, it will be spooky-themed episodes of classic TV series!

This week, I feature an episode of Mork & Mindy titled "A Morkville Horror." In this episode, Mindy is selling her childhood home and is feeling wistful about it. Little does she know that the ghosts of two of her ancestors haunt the house and wish to drive away potential buyers. It's up to a frightened Mork to save the day.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I remember this one well. Mork channels her mom, right? Was touching to me. :)

Phillyradiogeek said...

Yes he does! I remembered it as her grandmother, but saw in watching the episode after so many years that it was indeed her mother.

When I selected this for a blog article, I thought "Joe Mello will love this!" :)

Caffeinated Joe said...

I am predictable! But that's okay. I loved Mork and Mindy as a kid. :)

Tom said...

Every year I look for a comprehensive list of Halloween episodes of TV shows. Thanks for undertaking this. I'm looking forward to watching. I remember watching this one when it originally broadcast.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Tom! Keep an eye out, as I have a couple of such episodes I hope you and everyone find appealing.

I see you have a Burger Chef logo as your profile pic. You may enjoy an article I wrote back in 2012 about the Burger Chef monster story records they published. They're a lot of fun. Check it out here: http://meandyouandablognamedboo.blogspot.com/2012/10/burger-chef-monster-records.html

Tom said...

Yes, I have fond memories of Burger Chef. I actually did a post about those records as well https://garagesalin.blogspot.com/2013/10/halloween-monster-fun-find.html. Thanks for the link, I left you a long comment there.