Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling: Rock 'n' Zombies

In cas you haven't guessed by a lot of my posts in my blog's history, I kinda like the 80s. A big part of 80s pop culture revolved around pro wrestling, notably the WWF (now the WWE). No one was a bigger wrestling star than Hulk Hogan. One example of this is this Saturday morning cartoon series Hulk Hogan's Rock'n'Wrestling. It's not that big of a difference, really; the actions of wrestling stars are often cartoonish anyway.

This episode teaches a very important message: wrestling managers should never build amusement parks over graveyards. Heck, that's just common sense. How many times do people have to build things over graveyards? It never works out!





UPDATE: Holy crap! Just hours after posting this, I learned that Captain Lou Albano, legendary wrestling manager and one of pro wrestling's most colorful and well-known characters, passed away this morning at the age of 76. I had no idea when I posted the cartoon, I swear! My, that's eerie. Thanks to Rich Dart of Dartman's World of Wonder for letting me know in the comments section.

2 comments:

Dartman said...

In case you haven't heard, Lou Albano passed away this morning. : (

edwin sanchez said...

wow...I thought it was Ron Jeremy that played Mario...anyways, its one of those people u dont expect to die..mario?!