Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday Morning promos and bumpers from the 1990s

Once again dipping our toes into past Saturay morning waters, here are some promo clips and bumpers from the 1990s and ABC. This is for all of you "Generation Y" readers out there who were too young to remember the 1980s, my beloved decade of choice. I want to offer my readers options. If I can find a decent schedule, I will use a 90s season for a Saturday Morning Recreated post in the future. If you have a schedule, please send it to me at phillyradiogeek@gmail.com. Thanks!

Here are some fun claymation-type bumpers for ABC in the early 90s (perhaps late 80s, so excuse me if I'm cheating here a little bit).




Here are bumpers using characters from, once again, a claymation-esque series called Bump in the Night, which I never heard of until searching for stuff for this post. Interesting, if a bit creepy.



Here is the intro to ABC's One Saturday Morning lineup, which was very successful for the network--thank you, corporate synergy! This lineup continued into the early 2000s. I loved Recess and got a kick out of Pepper Ann.



Again, if you're a child of the 1990s, let me know what you'd like to see. Thanks!

1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm a child of the early 90's and I actually remember one of these!