Sunday, June 7, 2009

Alex's Lemonade Stand

Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation

This past Friday, my wife, a kindergarten school teacher in southwest Philadelphia, hosted her third annual Alex's Lemonade Stand at the school. In addition to lemonade, the stand offered snack cakes, chips, pretzels, water, and ice pops. The grand total this year was $775, easily surpassing last year's total of $626, making this year's stand the biggest success so far. Of course, we are hoping to do even better next year. This stand is a testament not only to my wife's efforts (I've know for years about her love and concern for her fellow man), but for everyone who worked hard to make the stand a success.

Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is an amazing organization raising money for research into the discovery of a cure for childhood cancer (and all cancers). This week the organization will be having its biggest fundraising period of the year, called Lemonade Days. I strongly encourage you to give what you can to either a lemonade stand near you or directly to the organization at www.alexslemonade.org. Or better still, learn how you can host your own lemonade stand at your home, church, workplace, or school. It's been a rewarding experience for my wife and I, and you will be doing your part in fighting childhood cancer--one cup at a time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO great. Congratulations on a successful fundraising event, and thank you for all the amazing work you do for the Foundation!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am hosting my first stand with my daughter this weekend, and hope we do as well as you all!