Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Commercials for Zeller's Department Stores Starring Batman

Hello everyone! Sorry for the week-long delay. I was away on a mini-vacation over the July 4th weekend, but now I'm back. Posting will be a bit sporadic throughout the summer as I'll be taking several short vacations rather than one long one. I'll be sure to make every post when I'm home a quality one.

That begins right now. Here are four TV commercials for Zeller's, a department store chain in Canada; think of it as Canada's equivalent of Target or Kohl's. Each of these commercials features an animated Batman and Robin stopping a classic Bat villian from charging customers high prices on toys. The animation is very well done for TV commercials, and I love the homage they pay to the Batman 60s TV show. In fact, if you listen closely, you'll notice that the sound effects of the villians are taken right from the show itself. Here they are!






Did anyone else think Catwoman showed a little too much skin for a toy commercial?

These remind me of a clip I posted previously last December (and can be found here) in which Zayre's department store also features a Batman TV homage, this time with live action. I wonder if they got their inspiration from the Zeller's spots.



See you next time--same Bat time, same Bat channel!

No comments: