Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Return of Gino's Restaurants!



I got good news yesterday:  the long dormant fast food chain Gino's is coming back!  One of their new locations will be in King of Prussia, PA, outside of Philadelphia.  I loved Gino's when I was a kid.  There was a location within walking distance from my house back in the 70s, until the entire chain was sold to Marriott.  Many locations were converted to Roy Rogers locations, but there was already an existing Roy's across the street in my neighborhood, so the new owners converted it to a KFC, which it remains to this day.  I'm sure the food won't taste quite the same as it did back then, but I love to see a fond slice of nostalgia come back.

Here is the Web site for the returning chain, and here is a cool fan site for the old locations.

And as always, here are some great Gino's commercials.  Enjoy!




No comments: