Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Origin of The Name of This Blog

I've been writing this blog for over 5 years now, and once in awhile, it dawns on me that many readers may not understand why this blog is called Me and You and a Blog Named Boo, especially if you're under 40 years of age.

I've been meaning to post a quick explanation for several years, but haven't gotten around to actually doing it. But, my fellow blogger and friend Todd Mason recently explained the meaning behind his blog's title, Sweet Freedom. Inspired by Todd's article, I've finally decided to explain my blog's title.

It's a play on the following cheesy pop song from the early 70s, "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo," by a man who called himself Lobo (not to be confused with this Lobo--or this one). When I first launched the blog, I wanted a title that was a cute play on words, but still noted the fact that this was a blog. I thought for a good two days before the current title hit me as I was laying in bed for the night, a true "Aha!" moment. And Me and You and a Blog Named Boo was born!

Here's the song in its entirety. It's not a good song to be sure, but I love 70s cheese for some reason. Enjoy, and thanks for reading all these years!

No comments: