Monday, December 18, 2023

TV Commercials for Children's Christmas Music Albums

 



One of the joys of being a child in the '80s was being the target of many commercials for various products. It made us feel special to know that things were being made just for us. This was especially true around Christmas, and one of the things marketed heavily to us were christmas music albums.

They usually aired in the fall to allow plenty of time for delivery before the season, but it excited us to see them as a sign that Christmas was soon approaching. Here are a few examples.

Here are two commercials for Christmas albums created by Disney. I loved seeing these ads appear every year! Unfortunately, I never had either of these albums myself.



One I'm not sure I remember, but I find amusing nonetheless, is this commercial for a Christmas album recorded by...the Smurfs! This recording has nothing to do with the US TV cartoon, so don't expect the voices to sound like the cartoon, but if the Smurfs are your thing, this might be for you!




I'm sure the audio for these albums can be found on YouTube, so if you have the urge, I suggest you search there. I just might do the same myself.

Thanks!

3 comments:

top_cat_james said...

The Smurfs don't sing "Blue Christmas"? Missed opportunity there.

Caffeinated Joe said...

I'd like to upload all these to my phone please!

Phillyradiogeek said...

Blue Christmas? HA! Hadn't thought of that! :)

It would be cool to have these songs at the ready on a phone.