Tuesday, September 22, 2009

80s Month: More 80s Music Videos

You're enjoying 80s Month, right? You liked the last set of music videos I posted, right? Well then sit back and relax as I do it again. This set of videos is a mix of iconic 80s vids as well as a couple of obscure but really cool tracks. Let's roll it!



Dire Straits, "Money for Nothing". When you think of 80s music videos, you think of this.



Cindy Lauper, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." The song that introduced the unusual girl to the world. This song was written by late Philly-born singer/songwriter Robert Hazzard.



Aha, "Take On Me." Yet another 80s video classic.



Billy Joel isn't known for his music videos, but this one stands out above most of his other videos. Here is "Pressure."



I'm a big Tom Petty fan, and his videos are always fun and engaging. Here is one of his best, "Don't Come Around Here No More."



Here is where the obscure vids come in, but they are no less fun and enjoyable than the others. Here is a great song by the group Borgeois Tagg, "I Don't Mind At All." Embedding has been disabled for this one unfortunately, but you can just click here and enjoy the song for yourself. Thanks to the Preston and Steve radio show on WMMR-FM here in Philly for reminding me of this song.

This is a group that had several hits in their native Canada, but only had one hit in America that I know of. Here's Chilliwack with "My Girl."



Finally, this is a video that stayed in my head since I first saw it, and I'm glad I rediscovered it. I thought this video was for the song "Eye in the Sky" by the Alan Parsons Project. I had the group right, but the wrong song. The right song is a sweet tune called "Don't Answer Me." I love the noir-like animation and visual narrative. A real treat!



Keep lovin' the 80s!

No comments: