Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween TV Commercials 2011

Welcome back to the Countdown to Halloween. Saturday's post was just an introduction into the season with a small variety of clips to warm you up. Today we start full out, as usual, with some fun TV commercials that are either for Halloween products or commericals that have a horror or spooky theme.

First I have a commercial for Easter Seals' Halloween coupons, presented by Countdown favorite Vincent Price. He is still sorely missed today.



Next up is a Dunkin Donuts commercial that I've wanted to showcase for  years, but couldn't find it until now. You try eating Munchkins with lobster claws!
I especially like the apparent boredom the patrons are experiencing at the party. I've been to a couple of those myself.



I never knew Paas made Halloween make-up kits. See, the Countdown is educational as well as entertaining!



Happy Pails!



When you need a marshmallowy breakfast cereal, what you gonna eat? GHOSTBUSTERS!



When encountered by a werewolf, don't worry if you don't have a silver bullet, just have a Halloween meal from Burger Chef handy (never mind that Burger Chef is out of business).



Finally, here is another commercial in a series that I posted last Halloween. Frankenstein's monster isn't a killer, he's just in need of Osteo Bi-Flex for his achy joints.



See you tomorrow for more Halloween goodness!

4 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Great stuff there! Love the Halloween commercials! Since you are a TV guy....do you know of any web sites that have a list of all the Halloween shows being aired this season, with their dates and times? I found one last year through someone's blog (maybe even yours) and it was terrific for helping us DVR the shows in advance so we didn't miss them. Would love to find something like that again, but so far, no luck! :o)

Phillyradiogeek said...

I've been wondering the same thing, Wendy. I'll take a look and if I find a good site, I'll post it here at the blog.

I know ABC Family channel has their 13 Nights of Halloween programming, and AMC has their FearFest every year, so those two networks' Web sites are good places to start.

Thanks!

Wings1295 said...

Great choices! Used to love some of these, especially the Frankenstein one, cause it seemed so out of whack yet perfect.

Phillyradiogeek said...

Thanks Joe. Halloween commercials are becoming scarcer these days, unfortunately.