Thursday, April 24, 2014

April's Underappreciated Music: Deon Jackson, "Love Makes the World Go Round"


It's the last Thursday of the month, so that means it's time for April's Underappreciated Music. This month, I offer the one hit wonder "Love Makes the World Go Round" by soul singer Deon Jackson.

This is a song I've always loved since adolescence, when I really got into oldies music. It's one that didn't get played quite as often as other oldies classics, so whenever it did get airplay, I considered it a treat. Earlier this week, I was looking for some goods tunes I hadn't heard in a long time on YouTube and this popped into my mind. When I saw curator Todd Mason post this month's selections, I thought this would be a perfect addition to them.

Sadly, and in a strange coincidence, in my research for this post I saw that Jackson passed away just last Friday at the age of 68. "Love Makes The World Go Round" was Jackson's only Top 40 hit.

Enjoy!


No comments: