Thursday, December 3, 2020

Miracle on 34th Street TV-Movie (1973)

 



It's almost the weekend as I write this, so I'm posting a long-form program for your enjoyment. This weekend, I bring you Miracle On 34th Street. But not the version you're thinking of!

This version is a made-for-TV version that aired in 1973, starring Sebastian Cabot (Family Affair) as Kris Kringle, on trial for daring to believe he's the real Santa Claus. In his corner providing defense--David Hartman, most famous for being the original host of ABC's Good Morning America.

While this version is certainly not a classic, in fact it's mostly forgotten, this is the first version of the story I ever saw. I looked forward to its appearance on TV every year, and I was shocked when I learned it was a remake of a much older theatrical film!

Enjoy! Have a great weekend! Drink hot chocolate! Buy gifts! Wrap gifts! Buy gifts through my blog's ads! Put up your Christmas tree! Sing Christmas carols!

3 comments:

Bob Johns said...

Buy gifts through my blog you crack me up! Ok I will click on

Bob Johns said...

Also, I remember this version.

Phillyradiogeek said...

For my first years of life, this version was My Miracle on 34th Street. I now know the magic of the original, but I still find this version a treat!