Monday, December 20, 2021

Stocking Stuffers

 



Ho ho ho no! Christmas Day is just mere days away! I'm as busy as everyone else is during this home stretch to the holidays, so I'll keep this short. Consider these various short clips as "stocking stuffers" to enjoy until the big day arrives!

Here is a lovely rendition of "Frosty The Snowman" by the late great Leon Redbone and Dr. John!



It's The Brave and The Bold starring Batman & Robin and...Santa Claus!




One commercial I remember seeing frequently on TV when I was a kid was this commercial for Disneyland Records's collection of Christmas songs recording specifically for release by Disney. This instantly brings me back to my childhood Christmases!




A couple of weeks ago we lost actor Eddie Mekka, who played Carmine Ragusa, "The Big Ragu," on Laverne & Shirley. Here he is from a famous Christmas episode of the series singing and dancing to "Jingle Bell Rock!"




Finally, here is a wonderfully fun recording of "The Merry Old Philosopher," by comedian Eddie Lawrence. The Old Philosopher was a long-running act of Lawrence's that spawned many novelty records; this one may be my favorite!




This will likely be my last post before Christmas Day, but I hope to have my Christmas greeting on the day itself, followed by a couple articles during my annual Christmas vacation next week.

If you don't get a chance to stop by before Saturday, I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Great stuff! Mekka was so freaking talented. He will be missed for sure. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you and yours, Brian!

Tom said...

Merry Christmas, Philly. That Disney commercial does bring back memories. The appearance of Christmas album commercials on TV always got me revved up in anticipation of Christmas.

Phillyradiogeek said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas Joe and Tom! Looks like I likely won't be posting until after the new year, which is not what I wanted, but life calls!