Wednesday, February 8, 2023

The Popeye Valentine Special: Sweethearts at Sea


 

Ahoy maties! Valentine's Day is just days away, and I've discovered a nautical way to celebrate the day. With the 1979 animated TV special The Popeye Valentine Special: Sweethearts at Sea!

In this special, Popeye forgets to get Olive Oyl a gift for Valentine's Day, so she goes on a cruise to find a new man. When Popeye finds out, he goes to sea to win back his longtime love. However, the villianous Sea Hag and Bluto have their own Valentine's Day plans for our heroes.

The special aired on CBS on Valentine's Day 1979. I had no idea this existed until recently, and I'm happy to share it here.

Enjoy! And stay tuned for more Valentine's Day fun the next few days, and maybe even after the big day! I'm getting a late start, but I have more for you to love this year, and I'd like to get it all in.

One more thing--

GO EAGLES!


OK, now I'll show the special. 😊

1 comment:

Dennis Tamayo said...

I watched the special on Cartoon Network as a kid.