Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day TV Commercials

 



Happy Valentine's Day!

And what better way to celebrate a day devoted to love than with--commerce!

Today I present a few Valentine's Day TV commercials. I post holiday-related commercials all the time, but I don't think I've ever posted them for Valentine's Day before. Here goes!

Celebrate your sweetie with a Carvel ice cream cake!



Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown is one of the most underrated Peanuts specials, and you should seek it out if you haven't seen it. Here is a quick promo for the special from 1979, preceded by another romatic program--an episode of the live action Spider-Man series. OK, maybe not.




McDonald's commercials are a longtime staple of this blog. Here is one for awesome-looking Valentines featuring your favorite McDonaldland characters!




This is a touching commercial from Kmart, featuring a teenage boy preparing a lovely Valentine's Day for his suprising sweetheart. Awwww!




Here is a low-tech and local commerical for Philadelphia Candies from 1987. Local, low-tech, from the '80s, and Philly-centric. It hits all my sweet spots!




Finally, here is another commerical from 1987, this time for the long-gone discount chain Woolworth's. I think everyone from Generation X and older has at least one fond memory of Woolworth's, if not more!




Once again, Happy Valentine's Day. Show your special someone how much you love them!

I may have another Valentine's Day post later this week. Stay tuned, and thanks!



No comments: