Monday, November 6, 2023

On Location Starring Steve Martin Live at the Troubador, October 31, 1976

 



Hello all, and welcome back! I hope everyone had a great Halloween season--I certainly did! But now it's time to cleanse the palate and move on. Today we do so with hilarious style!

On Friday night, October 27th, I had the honor of seeing Steve Martin and Martin Short live at their Philadelphia stop on their current comedy tour, and it didn't disappoint! My wife bought the tickets for me nearly a year ago as a Christmas gift, but unfortunately she fell ill the week of the event and couldn't make it. Better luck next time, hon, and thank you!

Still, I had an amazing time watching two of my entertainment heroes, so in honor of that, I present an old HBO comedy special starring Steve Martin in all of his "wild and crazy" 1970s glory. This was an installment of HBO's On Location series of comedy specials in the service's infancy, and Martin's star was very much on the rise. This was recorded October 31st, 1976 (hey, a Halloween event of sorts!) at the Troubador nightclub in Los Angeles, and it aired on HBO November 19, 1976.

This special is available on a multiple DVD set called Steve Martin: The Television Stuff, and it is available here.

Enjoy below, or see the special directly on YouTube here! I hope to feature a Martin Short post soon.

No comments: