Monday, May 13, 2024

TV-Inspired Incredible Hulk Story Album by Power Records

 


Hey, I'm back! I don't know for how long, but I've finally managed to get a few minutes to blog. What I'm sharing today is something I didn't know existed until a month or so ago.

I'm sure you're familiar with Power Records, the action story division of children's music company Peter Pan Records, that released a lot of fun items in the 70s and 80s. I recently came across a story album on YouTube featuring the Incredible Hulk. This wasn't surprising to me, as Power released a number of story albums featuring superheroes from DC and Marvel Comics.

What did surprise me, however, is that one of these albums was based NOT on the Marvel Comics iteration of the character, but on the TV series version. In this series of four stories, David (not Bruce) Banner wanders the country and runs afoul of human villains rather than supervillains, just like he did in the TV series. This was a treat to listen to, as the stories are quite faithful to the TV series format. You won't hear the Hulk say "HULK SMASH!" in this version, but you will hear a sincere but amusing attempt by the voice actor to give a frightning roar as the green-skinned giant.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

That's cool, I didn't know they did some based on the show, either. Good stuff!

Phillyradiogeek said...

There was also a short-lived newspaper comic strip with the Hulk in the style of the TV series. As a kid, I saw a paperback book that collected some of the strip but I didn't but it. I wish I had; it's virtually impossible to find these days!