Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Spider-Man: The Capture of Captain America


Happy Independence Day everyone! I hope you all get a chance to relax and enjoy the day with your families, and appreciate the freedom we experience, because there are many others on the planet who don't have that experience. I also hope the day mobilizes you to act on the values you hold dear to continue to make America a great country.

My way of doing that--blogging about Spider-Man. God bless America!

I wanted to continue to keep the patriotic theme going this week, but with a brand new movie featuring my favorite superhero opening yesterday (and his 50th anniversary coming up next month), I wanted to acknowledge that as well. I think I've found the perfect solution to kill two birds with one stone.

Today I present to you an episode of the 1981 syndicated Spider-Man cartoon. This forgotten series existed for a year before the debut of the much more popular series Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends that aired on NBC Saturday mornings in 1982. In fact, I didn't know it existed until a few years ago!

In this episode, it's up to Spidey to locate the kidnapped First Avenger himself, Captain America! See where the patriotic theme comes in? Cap's captor--the Red Skull, of course. Can Spidey take on the Nazi menace and save ol' Cap from certain doom?

Of course he can.

Enjoy!


No comments: