Friday, October 7, 2016

Halloween With The New Addams Family (1977)


Welcome to the weekend! Weekends are always awesome, but are even awesomer during the Halloween season, and that's totally a word! I'm kicking this weekend off with the 1977 TV-movie Halloween With the New Addams Family.

This stars most of the cast from the TV show in their old roles celebrating that most Addams of holidays, Halloween. However, Gomez is away on a business trip, and his brother Pancho is visiting the family. Pancho has been jealous of Gomez because Pancho and Morticia once were an item, and...OK, the plot doesn't really matter. It's the Addams Family and Halloween put together, what more is there to say?

I only saw this once as a kid late at night some Halloween season in 1980-something (I don't think I saw it when it debuted on NBC on October 30, 1977), but I enjoyed it then, and I hope I enjoy it now, as I haven't seen it since and only have memories of a couple of scenes here and there. I'll be experiencing this one right along with you.

Enjoy! Have a great weekend! The Countdown to Halloween is just getting started!

No comments: