Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Adventures of Superman First Two Radio Episodes

 



Welcome back!

Today has been the 85th anniversary of the release of Action Comics #1, the very first Superman comic! In honor of Big Blue's big anniversary, I present the first two episodes of The Adventures of Superman, the radio series that really made Superman a part of American pop culture.

The era of old time radio is getting farther and farther away from the present more and more, and I believe reminding people of this era of entertainment and mass media is important, as it affected American culture long before TV did. And the importance of the Superman radio show to the character's methos can't be understated. The show was huge! So much so that two significant parts of Superman's legend, Jimmy Olsen and kryptonite, originated not in the comics, but on radio.

Here I present the first two episodes of the series. Surprisingly, as much as I love both superheroes and old time radio, I've listened to very little of this series. I hope this article inspires me to listen to more. I hope it inspires you too.

Enjoy!

No comments: